DELANO, MN – The Delano Helping Hands Food Shelf is making changes to its processes and procedures.
Representatives from the food shelf released the following update:
As news about coronavirus continues to unfold we want you to know that the Delano Helping Hands Foodshelf is committed to protecting the health of our community while continuing to meet the critical need for food that will only increase as our communities and economy are impacted by the virus.
This is a fluid situation and our understanding of this virus and its impact is changing by the hour. During this time of developing information about the coronavirus, we want to maintain the health and well-being of individuals and our community. Decisions about our ability to serve can change daily.
As of Monday, March 16, 2020, Delano Helping Hands Foodshelf will:
- Continue to maintain our scheduled hours: Thursdays, 2-4 p.m. and the third Thursday of the month, 2-4 p.m. and 5-7 p.m.
- To reduce contact for our clients and to conserve volunteer resources, we are implementing scheduled client appointments with drive-through order pickup. There will be no inside access to the foodshelf by clients.
- Expand our pre-packed food model to include client choice items via phone calls by volunteers prior to scheduled appointments.
- Communicate updates about our service and plans through the Delano City website, phone, and social media.
If you are a community member in need of emergency food assistance:
- Call the foodshelf at 763-972-4455, leave a voicemail with contact information; we will get back to you to schedule an appointment.
How can others help?
- If you are interested in, or available to volunteer if needed, please call the foodshelf at 763-972-4455, leave a voicemail and we will get back to you.
- Monetary donations can be mailed to Delano Helping Hands Foodshelf, P.O. Box 22, Delano, MN 55328
- Food donations are being coordinated by Lynn Bartels (volunteer). Items can be placed at several drop-off locations:
- Coborn’s [food donation barrel]
- My BodyShop Fitness Center – 901 Babcock Blvd.
- Landscape Structures Inc – 601 Seventh St. S. (Place items in the bin between two front doors between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.)
- Lynn Bartels volunteer residence – 416 Third St. N. (place donations in the porch)
- Questions? Contact Lynn Bartels at 763-439-4393
We are so grateful for your continued support in this unprecedented and ever-changing process.