DELANO, MN – Delano Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations of local businesses for the 18th annual DACC Business of the Year.
This award will spotlight a successful Delano business, which, over the course of the past year, meets or exceeds the following criteria:
• Preferably a chamber member.
• In business for at least one year.
• Provides consistent service and/or products to its customers and/or community.
• Promotes Delano’s community events and encourages employees to be involved.
• Promotes other Delano businesses by showing support and referring customers, etc.
• Has not received this award in the last five years.
The elected business will be:
• Presented a plaque at the Annual DACC Celebration dinner in March.
• Featured in the Delano Herald Journal.
• Recognized on the Highway 12 Chamber sign.
• Honored with treats delivered to their business.
• Given a chance to ride in the Fourth of July parade as “Business of the Year.”
• The sole showcased business at a DACC general meeting.
• Given two free lunches at a general meeting.
Immediate Past Recipients:
• 2015 Brandt Companies
• 2016 Bauer Design Build
• 2017 MacLean Law Office
• 2018 Linda’s Photography
• 2019 Stahlke Bus Service
Please nominate the business you feel best meets the criteria stated above and your reasons why they should be named Delano’s Business of the Year. The DACC Ambassadors/Board of Directors will review all nominations at their February meetings, and the winner will be announced at the Feb. 20 general meeting. The winning business will be formally recognized at the DACC Celebration Dinner Saturday, April 4, at the Delano American Legion. Please submit your nomination as soon as possible, as the deadline is 3:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7. All nominations will be confidential. Remember, you are nominating a business, not a person.
Nomination forms are available at the DACC office (131 Babcock Blvd. W. Delano). Nominations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to PO Box 27, Delano, MN. Emails should include the name of the business being nominated, why they are being nominated, and the nominator’s name and phone number.